EVERYONE CAN BENEFIT FROM KETONES.
Ketones are in mothers milk and you make them when you stop eating.
WHEN YOU FAST (STOP EATING) THE REASON YOU DON’T DIE (AFTER 7 DAYS) IS BECAUSE YOUR BODY STARTS TO PRODUCE KETONES.
Ketones RUN THE BRAIN, HEART AND MUSCLES as a superior alternative to our inflaming glycating friend – Glucose.
IF YOU DIDN’T HAVE THIS SYSTEM YOU WOULD BE DEAD.
NOT USING THIS SYSTEM ALSO SEEMS TO LEAD TO A LIFE LESS WELL LIVED.
10 REASONS TO CONSIDER KETONES
1. In rat studies mental and physical performance increases by 28% on ketones. You might be more rat than you think. My brain works better on this diet and I believe it’s being repaired day by day. More about this in the Professor Veech Podcast below.
2. Ketones have been used to prevent brain disorder via epilepsy for almost 100 years. They are now being trialed therapeutically for Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease (and used by sufferers as you can here in the Veech podcast below). I have heard personal testimonies of people with both conditions having life changing improvement. One person got results with low level ketones, one had results with high levels.
3. Cancer can’t feed on ketones. Fungus was considered identical to cancer in pre 1950’s text books. Read more about this in Fungal Link – Doug Kaufman or Bicarbonate Solution and Simple Health from Pete Melov while you’re at it.
Most people are being overgrown by fungus, whether they realise it or not. This is my primary motivation for a ketogenic diet. There has been a lot of cancer and fungal related conditions in my family. I had athletes foot in my early teens and have dealt with related symptoms since then (ignorant that this is the change I needed.)
4. Dom Agostino deadlifted 500lb for 10 reps after a 7-day fast. He’s a smart guy and he believes in Ketones. I’ve studied a lot of his work and listened to his podcasts. His belief in this process and ketone salts is a big part of why I’m using a ketogenic diet.
“The FDA may see ketones as a drug. I see them as a fourth macronutrient. You have fats, proteins, and carbs. Ketones are an energy-containing molecule.” – Dom D’Agostino
5. Tim Ferris credits it for overcoming Lyme’s Disease and autoimmune condition.
6. Ketones suppress hunger making it easier to get lean. They’re also anti-catabolic so you can be in a calorie deficit WITHOUT losing metabolic gold – muscle.
7. Ketones improve insulin sensitivity. There is a strong fungal link to diabetes and I have dealt with reactive hyper/hypo glycaemia as I was overcoming chronic fatigue symptoms. I’ve had issues with blood sugar since at least my early teens and life without fluctuating blood sugars is better.
8. Ketones enhance endurance and speed in rats. Some interesting human data is coming out.
“National Institutes of Health and are funded by DARPA, I would say, at the National Institutes of Health, NIH, and also at Oxford University. In human subjects, advanced athletes, nine out of ten performed better and most of them set their personal records, one set a world record using exogenous ketones.”
Ketone bodies have long been overlooked as alternative substrates to power our bodies. The reasons for this are numerous but in no small part related to the negative connotations associated with the discovery of ketosis in critically ill diabetic patients [22,114].
Furthermore, ketosis has until now only been achievable in starvation states or high-fat low-carbohydrate diets, conditions which are unpleasant, difficult to sustain and negate many of the desirable effects of ketone metabolism .
The evolutionary conservation of ketone bodies as energy substrates has a sound rationale, their being thermodynamic advantages to their oxidation, as well as the preservation of alternative energy reserves essential to our survival. The importance of oxidative efficiency and conservation of carbohydrate reserves is vital not just in starvation but on a greatly accelerated scale during endurance exercise.
Exercise places large demands on oxidative metabolism for the sustained provision of ATP to the working muscle. Finite reserves of intramuscular glycogen, and a loss of flexibility for mitochondrial fuel selection during high intensities of aerobic work , underline the importance of substrate metabolism for athletic performance.
Given the well-characterised demands of endurance exercise and the importance of dietary substrates on athletic metabolism, there is a clear rationale for the nutritional provision of exogenous ketone bodies in this context. With the recent development of novel forms of dietary ketone ester now undergoing rodent and human testing, the stigma of this much maligned substrate may yet be challenged.
9. You have another reason not to eat sugar, gluten and junk food. You’re taking something everyday that makes you focus on getting lean and being as healthy as possible. This should impact all your other food decisions for the day.
You can even tell your friends, no “I’m on Keto” if you need a reason not to be among the physically deteriorating majority.
10. Get lean. I’m as lean as I’ve ever been after 4 months of being in ketosis for 90% of the time. I don’t calorie restrict or go hungry. My workouts are feeling better than ever [you can join me in the online program, here.] Research is clear about low-carb diets out performing high-carb diets. People training hard can also get weight loss with macro/calorie focussed diets. Those who aren’t strong will get fat loss much more easily on a low-carb diet.
X. If you’re still convinced see that Anthony Minichiello used a cyclic ketogenic approach while I was at the Roosters on his way to captaining the 2013 Roosters to their premiership and record breaking season.
WHO SHOULDN’T USE KETONES?
ATHLETES SHOULD BE USING KETONES. THE QUESTION IS WHETHER TO USE THEM TOGETHER WITH A MODERATE CARBOHYDRATE DIET OR WITH CARBOHYDRATE RESTRICTION AND HIGH FATS.
THERE IS SOME QUESTION FOR PEOPLE WITH KIDNEY DISEASE ALTHOUGH MOST EXPERIMENTS AROUND KETOGENIC DIETS USE TOXIC FATS AND FOODS WHICH DISTORT RESULTS.
ENTER EXOGENOUS KETONES:
BY USING MCT OR C-8 OIL AND KETONE SALTS YOU CAN GET A LOT OF THE BENEFITS OF KETONES REGARDLESS OF YOUR DIET. EXPERTS ARE SAYING THAT IT’S POSSIBLE TO EAT 1:1:1 RATIO OF FATS:CARBS:PROTEINS AND STILL BE IN KETOSIS WITH THESE EXOGENOUS AIDS.
KETONES FOR THERAPY
Eat a diet focussed on fats to maximise your ketones for therapeutic use. 4:1:1 is the recommended caloric ratio.
WHAT COULD THIS LOOK LIKE?
I prefer to intermittent fast on the ketogenic diet. There is no real hunger challenge or low energy that people one high sugar diets get with intermittent fasting.
BREAKFAST OPTIONS – If you decide to have it.
1. Eggs / Quality sausages, spinach/broccoli and sardines for breakfast. Add fats more fats if you need.
2. Ketone salts / C-8, Tea / Broth / Coffee, ghee / coconut oil.
Salad / Green steamed vegetables + Tahini + Olive Oil + Smoked Trout / Sardines / Mackerel / Lamb
Broth based soup with added fats
Fish / Steak / Free Range Pork Chop + Greens cooked in ghee / coconut oil / quality palm oil.
Kathi’s Coconut Bounty
Tahini + Frozen Berries + Coconut Oil / Ghee + Carob / Cacao powder + quality vanilla /+ cinnamon.
I usually have 2 meals a day, the first between 12 and 4pm. I don’t really mind when it is. I fit food around life very easily on this diet.
SINCE SHIFTING TO A KETOGENIC DIET I HAVE SEEN A STEADY DECREASE IN FUNGAL SYMPTOMS AND AN INCREASE IN MY TOLERANCE TO TRAINING. I COMPLETED 50 DAYS OF THE 200 REP CHALLENGE AND HAVE DONE OTHER MAMMOTH DAYS THAT WOULD HAVE DESTROYED ME IN THE PAST.
This way of eating takes a little discipline initially and can be challenging in Bali but otherwise is easy and the best way for me to eat now.
Athletes in good health should use a cyclic ketogenic diet with 2-5 days per week with this style of eating. Eating high-carb / low fat on weekends can work well for body builders and strength athletes but I didn’t find it worked for my health goals. Anabolic Diet from Mauru DiPascuale and The Ketogenic Diet – Lyle Mcdonald are the 2 best books on this.
We could go on forever. The best way to understand it is to experience it. I use Ketonix breath measure which has been shown to correlate very well with blood sugars which is probably my biggest key for improved health and immune function.
Ketone Salts Are Now Available To Give You Benefits Of Ketones Regardless Of Your Diet!
This is the stuff I’ve read on the subject and that I share within my online program. If you’ve got other cool stuff that’s not here please let me know.
PRÜVIT – Ketone Salts For Those That DON’T WANT TO EAT HIGH FAT.
LIFT – BANG – RUN >> Paul Carter – Exogenous Ketones!
Dr Richard Veech
Anabolic Diet from Mauru DiPascuale
The Ketogenic Diet – Lyle Mcdonald
Contact RealMOVEMENT on FaceBook If you’d Like A 1 Month Ketone Trial Or If You’d Like To Spread The Word!
www.realmovement.pruvitnow.com OR realmovement.shopketo.com – For US readers.
Others need to contact RealMOVEMENT Direct or Keto Movement